Going on a cruise for the first time? Here’s what to know before you cruise so you can be prepared for your first voyage out to sea. Ok, great, tell me more!
Hun and I went on a 4-night cruise to the Bahamas on Royal Caribbean’s Enchantment of the Seas cruise ship and I’m here to help no matter what cruise line you take for your vacation. In the video below, I share the following 1st time cruise tips for someone going on a cruise for the first time.
Questions Answered in this video:
- What are some things you need to know before your cruise?
- Do you have any yips for someone going on a cruise for the first time?
- What should I do before a Royal Caribbean cruise?
- How can I prepare for my first cruise?
What to Know BEFORE You Cruise
Here’s a snapshot of what’s in the video:
- Print Cruise Summary documents and READ them.
- Check-in online to expedite process
- Print SetSail pass OR download RCI App
- Book Excursions online in ADVANCE for the best prices and greatest availability.
- Print luggage tags and secure to your luggage in advance. The tags are color-coded and labeled with a number do cruise attendants know exactly where to sort your luggage for speedy arrival.
- Arrive a day early so you don’t miss your
- While in Orlando or Miami, bring a LOT of quarters to use on the toll roads or get an “E” or “Sun Pass” from Publix or a local service stop. You can also check out Getepass.com to have it mailed to your home before you go.
- Pack a day bag (backpack) while your bags are being checked in.
- Invest in space-saving products.
- Bring water bottles. Dehydration is a real thing on a cruise!
Do you have additional tips to add? Leave them in the comments below!
Antoinette | F&C