Miami in three days? No Problem! Here’s my extensive list of what to do in Miami in three days based on our recent trip to Miami. In this blog, I share a LOT of activities and Miami attractions for you to mix and match to create your perfect Miami Florida vacation!
1- Biscayne Bay Area
Biscayne Bay should be on everyone’s list if it’s your first time in Miami! Not only is it family friendly, but packed full of activities.
- Bayside Marketplace: A two-story open air shopping center
- Visit a vendor stand for food, custom goods, and great art!
- Shop the many retail stores & eat great food
- Listen to live music and/or dance the afternoon away
- Cruise Biscayne Bay
- Speed boat
- Party boat
- Millionaire row cruise – a guided cruise along the bay showcasing homes of celebrities and famous movie sets.
2- Visit “Little” Areas
Even though Miami is located at the tip of Florida, it is home to a diverse population from all around the world.
- Little Haiti
- Learn more about Haitian culture at the Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Visit the Caribbean Marketplace
- View local artists’ work at one of the many rotating exhibitions
- Little Havana
- History – Learn about Migration from Havana to Miami
- View excellent murals & unique shops
- Watch an intense game of dominos
- Eat ALL the food!
- Little Havana Food Tour
- Lear a bit about the people, culture, and places of Little Havana. Get a taste of it ALL! Try drinks, treats, pastries, and more from a knowledgeable and woke guide.
3- Art and Architecture
Still wondering what to do in Miami in three days? Look no further than the streets of Miami to find excellent graffiti, murals, and other works of art.
- Villa Casa Casuarina (Former Versace mansion)
- Vizcaya Museum and gardens
- Walk Ocean drive to see the art deco building and nightlife
- Photograph Wynwood Walls (but honestly, there is excellent graffiti EVERYWHERE in Miami)
- Artists from all over the world come to paint graffiti at Wynwood, so it’s totally worth a visit!
- Miami Design District – for creatives…fashion, art, architecture, and most importantly, food!
Miami is well-known for its vibrant and lively nightlife scene. So why not check out a place (or three) if you have the time or money? Here are the top clubs in the area.
- Do Not Sit On The Furniture
- Ball & Chain
5- Beach Activities
If you don’t go to the beach, did you really go to Miami? I didn’t think so, either! Here are a few things to do at the beach in Miami.
- Chill at Miami Beach/ South Beach
- Speedboat/Jet boat
- Deep Sea fishing: Sailfish, swordfish, sharks, marlin and barracuda
- Water activities
6- Outdoors & Wildlife excursions
Miami’s tropical climate is prime for wildlife and spending time at local parks and gardens.
- Visit the aquarium (Miami Seaquarium)
- Take a trip to the Everglades
- Gator viewing
- Swamp tour
- Airboat rides
- Workout at Lummus Park
- Visit Crandon Park’s gardens, marina, tennis, and golf attractions
- Jungle Island – see shows, animal exhibits, the kids play area, feed animals, and more!
- Botanical gardens
- Take a Sea Plane Tour – ride across the water, and even land on the water, in an airplane.
If the outdoor life is not your thing, there are plenty of professional, semi-professional, and collegiate sports to watch.
- NBA: Miami Heat
- NFL: Miami Dolphins
- NHL: Florida Panthers
- MLB: Miami Marlins
- MLS: Inter Miami CF *partially owned by David Beckham
- University of Miami: Miami Hurricanes
- Florida International Univ.- FIU Panthers
- Barry Buccaneers
- NSU Sharks
8- Combo Activities
How do you get the most bang for you buck? Try what I Iike to call a “combo” tour – multiple activities, one price, one great time!
- Miami Combo Tour: City Sightseeing, Biscayne Bay Cruise and Everglades Airboat Ride
- Key West w/ Optional Activities – Bus day trip
- Glass bottom boat
- Trolley tour
- Custom Miami Curated Experiences with Key2Mia
- Miami Crimes
- Scavenger Hunt
- Mixologists, and more!
- Everglades Airboat Safari
9 – Do What’s Popular in the Area
Do you have any activities to add to this list? Feel free to drop them in the comments below!
Antoinette | Frolic & Courage